Monday, June 25, 2012

Running from the Heat

I’ve been living in a heat wave and I can’t get away fast enough. We’ve just had our 4th day of 100+ degree temps and I‘m melting. I love weather in the 60-70 degree temps.  In 16 days, we fly out of this horrible heat to San Diego, CA. My husband and I have been following the temperatures in San Diego and we’re hoping they last through our trip on July 13th.

So, what is taking us to San Diego, besides loving it the first time I was there? We tried getting tickets to the San Diego Comic Con. Unfortunately, the way tickets were sold, I was 8000+ in line when the Sunday tickets sold out. 
 
We had already purchased the airline tickets from Frontier and reserved our room at Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina. Even without getting the tickets to Comic Con, we are still planning a nice trip. 


We want to go back to Seaport Village and I want to explore Downtown San Diego and see the Gaslamp Quarter. We’ll hang around outside of the convention center and people watch and maybe see some Stars that are attending. 

I’m looking forward to staying at the Best Western Island Palms Hotel. No matter what room we get, we’ll have a view of either the bay or the marina. (Personally, I’m hoping for a view of bay!) To just have a cool breeze will feel better than the dry hot wind that seems to be blowing through Colorado lately.

We were excited to find that Frontier Airlines flies direct from Denver to San Diego now. We always try to fly Frontier as they were a Colorado company, even if they aren’t anymore, Colorado is still in their hearts!

San Diego, watch out, we’re on our way!!

Our first trip to San Diego in 2009.
 Any suggestions on good places to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment